Thursday, January 14, 2010

Songs Rehearsal 3

Tonight the cast is having a music rehearsal, learning the harmonies for a song called Steam Train. So far things are going well. Courtneay, our director, assigned certain lines to certain actors, so ever so often I have to interrupt to clarify who should be singing which lines. The music director is very gracious. I enjoy working with him. I have two ASM's for this show. They are sitting with me on the second row behind the cast. They all have their music stands and scores. I am reminded of band practices long ago.

Tonight will be my first time doing a report on the new rehearsal report form. It will be a cinch because I don't have any notes yet. Except for the one that I just added which is just a simple question for my director about Monday's rehearsal. As we go farther into the rehearsal schedule I am expecting, of course to have a lot more to do. I am truly excited about this show, working with this director, these assistants and our cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment